Sarah Boisvert, a guest writer on Socialbrite, compares the top email marketing services, including MailChimp, Constant Contact, Aweber, SendGrid, HubSpot, and Vertical Response. Here is a brief overview of her findings:
- Easy email-targeting.
- Mobile app.
- Analytics & integration with Raiser's Edge (CRM tool), among others.
- Free version, but limited. Paid services are low-cost and offer more features.
- Ability to test emails to see if they will be delivered to users' Spam folder.
- Provides a guide for nonprofits.
- Target publicity campaigns by type.
- Include discount codes for events and enable restrictions, such as "one code per customer."
- Services range from expensive to inexpensive.
- Get a FREE 60 Day Trial
- This service's strength is gaining newsletter subscribers and paying consumers.
- Moderately expensive.
- Strong customer support team.
- Special pricing for nonprofits; 3 months free and 25% discount every month after 3 months.
- Used by clients such as Pinterest, Foursquare, and Spotify.
- Greater message customization (i.e., product suggestions, event suggestion, service recommendations, and other types depending on the selection your nonprofit is marketing).
- Pricey for more advanced features, but low-cost for basic.
- Great for visual customization & branding.
- Save templates.
- Mobile templates.
- Campaign analytics.
- Free 30-day trial, but offering per-month pricing plans.
- Comprehensive all-in-one solution
- Special pricing for Nonprofits. (Tech Impacts partner's with Tapp Network, a Certified Hubspot Partner, Learn More and Get Preferred Nonprofit pricing for Hubspot with a Free Consultation)
- Easy to use.
- Straight-forward analytics.
- Over 700 customizable templates.
- Email subscription forms.
- Nonprofits get 10,000 emails per month for free.
- Offers pay-as-you-go pricing, which can cost from $0.02 for 1 email contact, to $3,750 for 500K contacts. Or monthly plans.