Every Friday, the 501cTECH staff rounds up a list of things that they've been reading. Below, we share the highlights. Did you read anything interesting this week? Share it with us in the comments below, tell us about it on Facebook, Tweet us or drop us a line on Google+!
- How to choose the best social media site for you We've got a guest post up on the Nonprofit Roundtable blog! This post expands on our popular Pragmatist's Guide to Social Media and discusses the importance of social media as a piece of your communications and marketing strategy.
- 6 Places Your Nonprofit Can Find Blog Ideas Your nonprofit blog is a great way to show your audience what you do, show off your volunteers and share your nonprofit story! Are you having trouble finding inspiration for your posts? Here's some great ideas to enhance your blog.
- Using Twitter for Events from Digital Ethos. Does your organization attend or sponsor live events? Do you tweet about the things that you're learning or the people that you're meeting? Using Twitter at events is a great way to connect your current audience and to share what you're learning.
- Data Visualization and Infographics: Using Data to Tell Your Story from Idealware. How does your organization share data? Do you use Instagram? Pinterest? Infographics? Data can enhance
- Interesting Stats about Nonprofit Newsletters from Kivi's Nonprofit Communications Blog. We've gone back and forth about our own newsletter and it's interesting to read some statistics on how other nonprofit organizations use newsletters in a social media world. Does your organization publish a newsletter? Have you changed the format or the frequency of your newsletter when you started using social media?