As 2017 comes to a close, it's important to reflect on some of the trends we saw in the nonprofit space as a precursor for what to expect in 2018. To start, 2017 was filled with new causes to be discovered and new organizations to be formed. Some trends that were worth noting were:
7 Trends of 2017
- Spontaneous collaborations
- More activist/constituent giving and doing
- Donors shift to more independent giving, and donor-advised funds continue to outpace other vehicles
- The independent press comes under attack as journalism recovers its role as a civil society function
- Racial equity issues visit and do not leave
- A perfect storm has been set in motion for the nonprofit regulatory environment
- Pie-in-the-sky social enterprise gives way to real wealth sharing alternatives and action to hold business accountable
How did your organization stack up in 2017? Are you ready for what's coming in 2018? Here are 11 Predictions for 2018 that will help you navigate your newly declared NPO resolutions.
2018 is promised to be filled with many ongoing struggles, but also an abundance of collaboration and proactivity.
This year, we want to help you Innovate for impact, and optimize operations by getting a head start on upcoming trends for the year with the help of our dedicated team and services.
Getting ahead of the game is key, and we'd love to help your nonprofit reach it's goals and start the year off right in 2018.