Technology has really impacted the way consumers donate, but not all nonprofits are keeping up with trends. Check out these 5 stats we thinks speak volumes about donors and technology:
- Donors gave an average of $127 in a single gift to charities with a branded giving page.
- Donors gave 21% more via social media in 2012 as compared to 2011.
- 65% of donors donated online in 2002, as compared to 4% in 2002.
- Online giving peaks during December, specifically between 12 and 7 PM on December 31st.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising and social media account for 13% of overall giving.