Google announced changes to their Gmail and Calendar apps on the Apple iOS operating system most notably 'Undo Send' for emails. Tech Impact is here to give you all the updates to increase your nonprofit's collaboration and productivity.
Gmail and Google Calendar get a whole lot better on iOS
The new Gmail app for iOS
When you get the next Gmail iOS app update, you'll notice some exciting changes: The biggest overhaul of the app in nearly four years. It's the Gmail you know and love, with a fresh new look, sleeker transitions and some highly-requested features. It's a lot faster, too.
With the new app, getting things done on the go is a lot easier — whether you're trying to find a message your colleague sent you last month, or trying to get through your work inbox on a Monday morning.
Image from Google Blog
Starting today, you'll be able to:
- Undo Send, just like you do on the desktop, to prevent embarrassing email mistakes
- Search faster with instant results and spelling suggestions (like when you type "flighht," but you really meant "flight")
- Swipe to archive or delete, to quickly clear items out of your inbox
Google Calendar: Updated for you
Based on user feedback, the Calendar app on iOS has some shiny, new features:
- Month view and week in landscape view, so you have even more ways to see your schedule at a glance.
- Spotlight Search support, so you can search for events, Reminders and Goals in Apple's Spotlight Search and find what you're looking for faster.
- Alternate calendars. If you often look up dates in a non-Gregorian calendar — like Lunar, Islamic, or Hindu — you can now add that calendar to easily see those dates alongside your current calendar.
May we suggest reading: Review: Google Apps v. Microsoft Office 365
At Tech Impact we pride ourselves on being tool-agnostic. We look for the best tools for nonprofits regardless of vendor. We can help you with the tools you already use or help you use a tool that we have pre-vetted as being best in class for nonprofits.
Get the tools your nonprofit needs to succeed
Empower staff and volunteers to succeed with the dynamic set of tools included in Microsoft Office 365 for Nonprofits. Provide team members with free email and online document editing and storage. And with video conferencing, instant messaging, and your own Yammer site, you can bring teams together from around the world.