With the new year fast approaching, it's time to start fresh and make some resolutions. How about starting with creating objectives and goals for your nonprofit on Facebook. In this blog post we will go over how to increase your nonprofit's reach and influence on the largest social sharing site.
Original article from Nonprofit Tech for Good
For many nonprofits resources are scarce, (time, money, manpower, etc.) social media is usually left for an intern or is a secondary responsibility for the youngest member of the organization. For many people today, Facebook is how they receive their news, stay connected, and learn. A strong social media presence is also crucial in order to increase your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and to drive traffic to your website.
If you are like most nonprofits on Facebook and have experienced dramatic loss in reach and engagement over the last year, then experimenting with publishing Notes on Facebook to increase reach and engagement as an alternative to spending on adverting is worth a shot. On the Nonprofit Tech for Good Facebook Page Notes are currently receiving 3X the reach and engagement as photos and links.
1. Go to Settings > Apps > Add Notes App
2. Go to Timeline > Offer, Event+ > Note
3. Upload your Cover Photo & Title
4. Upload your Logo, add and format Content, Insert Links
7. Monitor Facebook Insights for Notes to see how they compare to your other posts.
8. Timeline > Manage Tabs > Drag and Drop > Save > Review