Daniel Melbye's blog says it best, "Millennials support causes, not organisations." Here are 10 stats to help you appeal to the next generation of givers.
- 49% of Generation Y said they would be more likely to donate if they can see the impact of their donation.
- Over 50% of this generation were interested in recurring donations.
- 83% of this population prefer to use their smartphones over other devices.
- In fact, 80% of Millennials say they are more interested in sites that are mobile-friendly
- 69% of of the Millennial population don't like seeing repetitive social posts and organizations that frequently post asking users for donations.
- 70% don't like getting spammed by nonprofits.
- 42% have donated to a nonprofit.
Nonprofit leaders, make learning more about the younger generation a priority--track the giving habits, positive interactions, and social culture this group enjoys in your CRM system and really hone into their habits.