We have some very exciting news to share as we announce 501cTECH’s merger with Philadelphia-based Tech Impact, which is the nation’s leading nonprofit technology services organization and the operator of an award winning IT training program for youth. We have worked alongside our colleagues at Tech Impact for more than a decade. First, as part of the NPower Network created by Microsoft to deliver affordable and sustainable solutions to community based nonprofits like yours and then as partners with Tech Soup.
The merger with Tech Impact really provides us with the best of both worlds. Being part of larger organization provides us with scale, leverage with vendors and greater financial strength. Our entire tech team will remain intact, allowing us to retain the personal touch and the first-hand knowledge of our customers’ needs that are so important to quality service delivery. Here are a few other highlights:
- We will be introducing exciting new services to DC clients, particularly the Data Analytics and Management Service provided by Philadelphia-based data scientists. This service includes database selection, customization and ongoing management. Look for an announcement on the Data Showcase that we are planning in early July.
- The DC office will remain open, and I will continue as the Executive Director of Tech Impact DC Offices and Operations. Patrick Callihan will assume the role of CEO of Tech Impact.
- Other new services will include discounted VoIP phone service and social media and digital marketing consulting.
- We will be consolidating some administrative functions to achieve efficiency and reduce overhead. This includes finance, HR, fundraising and client relations.
- We will continue with our mission-based tech capacity programs, the Small Nonprofit Technology Initiative and the Technology Intervention for Community Change and look to expand them to other markets.
- The Technology Innovation Award and Celebration of Technology will also continue, and we look to grow these by engaging even more members of the business community in this important work.