To many, social media is like John Wayne's wild west. It's an unconquered wilderness riddled with danger and unknowns. You're under a microscope, and have to be careful of what you say; one wrong tweet can ruin everything you've worked for.
Because of all the uncertainty and danger, we've provided you 10 social media stats to help you conquer the social media frontier.
- According a Pew study, 73% of U.S. online adults now use social networking sites.
- We Are Social says, roughly one-third of the world’s population is now online.
- Business Insider reveals that 68% of Instagram’s users are women.
- Nonprofit Marketing Guide uncovers 50% of nonprofit communicators label social media as a “very important” communication tool.
- Buffer discloses that tweets with images receive 18% more clicks and 150% more retweets.
- In 2013, Pew discovered 71% of U.S. online adults are now Facebook users.
- Waggener Edstrom published a statistic stating 55% who engaged with causes via social media have been inspired to take further action.
- Business Insider reveals that in the U.S., users spend 114 billion minutes a month on Facebook.
- 9clouds unveils 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside of the U.S.
- A Pew study revealed 40% of Facebook users surveyed say they log in to the social network multiple times per day.